Thursday, April 17, 2008



I'll never know how much it cost to see my sins upon that cross. How true of a statement that is. As we approach the Passover, we reflect on that perfect sacrifice made once and for all. By one sin entered the world and death by sin, and by one we are reconciled to righteousness and walk in life. (Romans 5: 11-17)

When our Lord took our death upon and within him, it was an unnatural act. The resurrection and the life was made sin and death. The spiritual suffering and sacrifice exceeded the physical one. I think the reason he allowed such an inhumane execution as the cross was so we could relate to what our sins were doing on the spiritual level. The God of heaven descended into hell. The good news is that he didn't stay there. He offered up his blood in the heavenly temple for all humanity. Every sin past, present, and future was forgiven. Death was defeated.

As surely as He was partaker in our death, we shall be partaker in His Resurrection. That is what baptism is all about. We are buried by faith and resurrected in His Name. It is such a glorious thought that I cannot but help to say "Lord, here I am to worship you".

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what exactly do you mean by "our Lord"? There is a like a few billion people in another part of the world that wouldn't call your Lord their Lord you know...

4:17 PM  
Blogger Duke said...

I don't know if you remember, but I met you a couple of years ago at Legislative Hall, we (the few of us that were there) were Marching around the Capitol on the National Day for Life or something like that. I was a teenage black guy. We talked for sometime. Well anyway I was glad to see that you have a blog.

5:19 PM  
Blogger David said...

"Our" refering to the regular readers of this blog. I would say to anyone else, you are more than welcome to be a part of the family.

Yes, my Friend, I do remember you. Please email me davidlevianderson@gmail.com

1:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home